Prof. Dr. Gajanan R. Ekbote, (M. S., M. N. A. M. S)
Progressive Education Society, Pune-5- The future probably belongs to people who dare to dream big. It belongs to those who make way through the clouds of oblivion with the force of their determination.
“I have always believed that the answer to my destiny lies in creating the results, I desire.”
A suregon by profession, Dr. G. R. Ekbote made his foray into the world of administration in 1985. Fuelled by the desire for pedagogical pursuits, he accepted the challenging responsibility of leading the Progressive Education Society, Pune as its chairman. In order to keep pace with the changing scenario of education, he has introduced emerging and need-based courses in the institutions run by Progressive Education Society. It is an account of his pro-active approach and foresightedness that he has been successfully leading 56 educational institutions in Pune City.
Dr. Ekbote was granted an equivalence of Ph. D degree by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik for his outstanding academic qualifications, research work and eminence achieved in his profession. Presently, he is working as the Pro-Vice Chancellor of the same University.
Career Profile :
- Professor of Surgery – B.J Medical College, Pune
- Dean, Faculty of Medicine – University of Pune, Pune
- Appointed as a Member of Consultative Group on ‘Education’ by planning commission, Govt. of India.
- Appointed as a Member of Consultative Group on ‘Teacher’s Education’ by planning commission, Govt. of India.
- Member, Senate and Board of College and University Development – University of Pune, Pune
- Member, Management Council (Chancellor’s Nominee) – Senate and Academic Council and Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- Member, Board of Governors – National Institute of Technology, Surathkal, Karnataka
- Member, Academic Council (UGC Nominee) – West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata